Distractions vs. Dreams
Hello lovely women!
Today I want to talk to you about how we all distract ourselves from our own happiness and what we can do to become present again and live the life of our dreams.
The reasons we use distraction to sabotage ourselves are endless and its mostly to do with our unconscious programming, running along the lines of “I’m not good enough”, “I don’t deserve to have a great life” and so on.
If you are honest with yourself, you might know that you are not living up to your true potential. What have you been dreaming of that has never come to pass until now? Is this life you are living right now what you would want for your children? We all have our dreams. What keeps us from really living them? Distractions.
Here’s a list of what I used to do instead of enjoying the hell out of my life:
• watch series (and another episode and another…)
• cook unnecessarily and eat too much
• spend time uselessly worrying
• doing a lot of things I thought I had to do but which made me feel unhappy
• change my baby’s clothes 3 times a day because of stains
• Go shopping 3 times a week
Do you see yourself in any of that? What do you do, that really only takes away the valuable time you could spend enjoying being you and going after your dreams?
Do you ever feel like a day needs more than 24 hours? If you feel like that its a sign that you are not fully present. When you are, you realise just how long a day really is and that you can get so, so much done and enjoy it at the same time! It’s really all about creating presence! When you are fully there, you will feel joyful, whatever you do and you will fall into life’s natural flow, so things will unfold with ease.
Here are some tips and tricks that will get you there:
• Doing things more slowly instead of doing them more quickly: Feel into whatever you are doing! Become present with it and slow down: How does that water feel on your hands as you are washing up? Especially when you feel stressed and feel like you have no time, put on that coat slowly, look into the mirror and smile to yourself, stop to smell that rose by the wayside. You will feel more relaxed instantly!
• Doing one thing a time instead of 2 or 3 or 4: Multitasking will get you nowhere any faster. Being present with only one task or one person will get it done more efficiently and you’ll feel so much more relaxed too.
• Become fully present by doing nothing for several minutes several times a day: Schedule at least 2 times a day where you just sit down and do nothing and let the noise in your head and the activities of your hands die down. You will be amazed at how much wisdom will come to you all of a sudden!
Please let me know how you are getting on by commenting below!
Love and presence to you all,